Friday, May 12, 2017

Funny Paper Plate Craft for Mother's Day: Mom, You're Pear-Fect

This pun-ny Mother’s Day paper plate craft will have your mom in tears, the good kind of course.

To me puns and word play are two of the funniest kind of jokes out there. I will buy the most expensive card for Mother’s day if it has a pun on the front. My favorite card with a pun had a picture of a raisin and a grape and it said “You did a grape job raisin me, Mom.” So for Mother’s Day I thought we would make our own funny crafts in place of cards this year, something homemade is always better, right? Mother's day coloring pages

Although I originally thought this would be great for kids to make for their Moms, I’m still considered my Mom’s kid so I thought, what the heck, I’ll make one for my Mom, too. I’m hoping my Mom will hang hers up at work or the fridge, or someplace where she can share the funny pun but I won’t hold my breath, haha.



How to make our Mother’s Day Paper Plate Craft:

Materials


  • Paper plate
  • Light green, bright green, and brown craft paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Elmer’s glue
  • Scissors
  • Black permanent marker


Directions:


  1. Cut out your paper plate in the shape of a pear, similar to a triangle but with rounded edges.
  2. Paint your pear shape light green (mix green and white if you don’t have light green) and let dry. ever free coloring
  3. Cut a stem and leaf out from you scrap paper plate edges and paint the leaf green and the stem brown then let dry.
  4. This pun-ny Mother's Day paper plate craft will have your mom in tears, the good kind of course.Save
  5. Use your Elmer’s glue to attach the stem and leaf to the top of the pear.
  6. Once your plate is dry, write “Mom, You are Pear-fect!” onto the front of the pear.
  7. And have a little “pun” today and make our Mother’s Day Paper Plate Craft for Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment